Arts & Entertainment Community
Harbor Happenings: Crab feed, Restaurant Week, and a boat ride
Take a drive out to Vaughn on Saturday, March 18, for the return of the annual KP Annual All-You-Can-Eat Crab Feed at the Key Peninsula Civic Center.
Bring your own crab crackers and picks and feast on all-you-can-eat crab, spaghetti, bread, Caesar salad and dessert. Tickets are available at the GNOSH food truck, Sunnycrest Nursery, the Civic Center office or online.
The crab feed runs from 4 to 7 p.m. Saturday, March 18, at the Key Peninsula Civic Center, 17010 S. Vaughn Road NW.
For more information, call (253) 884-3456.
It’s (still) Restaurant Week
Restaurant Week, sponsored by the Gig Harbor Downtown Warfront Alliance, continues through Sunday, March 19. Reservations are recommended.
For details, see last week’s Harbor Happenings or visit the alliance’s events page.
Celebrate Gig Harbor’s maritime history on a cruise aboard the restored purse seiner Veteran on Thursday, March 16.
The boat departs from the Maritime Pier (next to the Tides Tavern) at 1:45 p.m. to cruise beneath the Narrows Bridges, then heads to the Foss Waterway Seaport Museum in the Tacoma for a free museum tour. The ship returns to Gig Harbor around 6:30 p.m.
Tickets for the Gig Harbor BoatShop cruise cost $100, which includes beer, wine and snacks aboard the Veteran. Tickets are available here.
Also at the BoatShop, the Young Hands, New Skills program introduces kids to traditional boatwright skills such as ship caulking, hammering boat nails, hand sawing and more. The next program is from 10 a.m. to noon Friday, March 17. Sign up here.
- Kimball Coffeehouse hosts an open mic night at 5:30 p.m. Thursdays. It is open to musicians, magicians, jugglers, dancers, poets – whatever your talent, share it with a supportive, appreciative audience.
- Friday, March 17, Hard Shell Cases performs at 6:30 p.m. Friday, March 17 at Olalla Valley Winery. Reservations here.
- Dancers from the Haley Prendergast School of Irish Dance will perform at 1 p.m. Saturday, March 18 at the Uptown Pavilion.
- Ocean5 hosts Bingo night at 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays and Family Trivia Night at 7 p.m. Thursdays. It’s all free – except for the last round of Bingo, which is $5 per card. The winner takes half and the other half is donated to the charity of the month.
- This week’s Flashback cinema at the Galaxy Theaters is “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,” at 12:30 and 6 p.m. Sunday, March 19. Flashback movies cost just $5.
The City Council will hold a study session Thursday, March 16 at 3 p.m. The agenda includes introductions of new Arts and Parks commission members, a presentation from the Junior Sail Program and a review of the city’s code enforcement program. The meeting takes place in the community rooms at the Civic Center and via Zoom.
Save the dates
- The Kiwanis Club of Gig Harbor hosts Gig Harbor Has Talent, a youth talent showcase, at Swift Water Elementary School from 2 to 5 p.m. Saturday, March 25. The talent show will feature middle- and elementary- school kids from throughout the Peninsula School District.
- The Fox Island Museum presents a Trio of Authors with E. C. Murray, Robert Ingram and Larry Fowler at 1:30 p.m. March 25.